Pav Bhaji is one of the chat which everyone of us fall in love with. Home made the better to those craving tummies. We usually plan them for our dinner once in a while.
Pav bhaji pictorial directions:
- Pressure Cook potatoes, peas, carrots and beans until mushy. Smash them and keep it ready.
- Heat oil/butter, saute finely chopped onions and capsicum until onions are pink.
- Add in finely chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and saute for a couple of minutes until raw smell goes off and tomato is mushy.
- Sprinkle little water and let the tomatoes cook. Add turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Put in the cooked and mashed vegetables along with salt and “Pav bhaji masala”. Adjust water and let it boil until well combined with masalas.
- Serve hot with Pav and chopped onions. Drizzle some butter on bhaji and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 2-3 long beans
- 1 tbsp peas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onions finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- salt to taste
Pressure cook all the desired vegetables except capsicum until mushy
heat butter + oil, saute onions and capsicum until onions turn pink
put in tomatoes and fry till mushy
add turmeric powder, chilli powder and fry till oil separates. add little water and let it get mixed well.
Now put in the cooked vegetables, pav bhaji masala and salt. Mix well, add little water and let it boil until it is well combined and gets creamy.