Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe – Tambda rassa is famous dish of Maharashtra. Tambda meaning Bright red and Rassa meaning curry.
This recipe is a veg version of kohlapuri tambda rassa using the kolhapuri masala spice mixKolhapuri Masala spice mix recipe
Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe – pictorial directions:
- I have added 1/2 cup of kolhapuri masala in total and my spice mix is only mildly spiced. In case you want more spicy curry, add chilli powder and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- I have used cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes and capsicum in this curry. Choice of vegetables is per your likings
- It is a semi dry gravy and will suit for chapathis and rice as well.
- You can also pressure cook instead of closing and cooking. Cook it up to 3 whistles.
- Don’t let the vegetables become mushy. slightly crunchy vegetables are added taste to the kolhapuri curry.
- Some recipes even add ground coconut to this to make it a more to a gravy consistency.
Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe
kolhapuri veg tambda rassa recipe
- 1/4 cup kolhapuri masala spice mix
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 cups vegetables of your choice
- salt to taste
heat oil, saute bay leaf and onions until pink
add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell rushes off
add tomatoes and cook until mushy
put in the 1/2 of the kolhapuri masala spice mix and let it fry in simmer until oil leaves out
add vegetables, salt and enough water. Mix well, close and cook until vegetables are done.
open and add remaining spice mix and let it come to a boil. add water if necessary
serve hot with chapathi.